"The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today"
Hollis Academy is a special academy where managing behaviour amongst our students is very important for the safety of other pupils, the safety of staff and for the progress and achievement of all pupils.
At Hollis Academy, we consider ourselves to be a caring community, whose values are built on mutual trust and respect for all.
The Academy Behaviour Policy is therefore designed to support the way in which members of the Academy can live and work together in a considerate way.
The Academy has specific values, which all students are expected to uphold. The primary aim of the Behaviour Policy is not to put into place a system to enforce a set of rules; it is a means of promoting good relationships so that every member of our community can work together with the common purpose of helping each other to learn.
The Academy rewards good behaviour as it believes that this will develop an ethos of caring and co-operation. Hence this Policy is designed to promote good behaviour and to reduce inappropriate behaviour and bullying within the Academy and works in partnership with our Anti-Bullying Policy.
However, as a Special Academy, we acknowledge working alongside young people who may present challenging behaviour is a complex and difficult area of work but it is important to see challenging behaviour in the context of the young person’s life and experiences. This Policy is designed to inform staff and lead to positive practices which minimise the occurrences of challenging behaviour, promote positive relationships and keep our young people and our staff safe. It also describes the processes that should occur if an incident takes place.
- That every member of our Academy community feels valued and respected and that each person is treated fairly and well.
- To create a community which allows everyone to work together in an effective and considerate way.
- To help pupils to grow in a safe and secure environment and to become positive responsible and increasingly independent members of our Academy community.
- Staff will treat all pupils fairly and apply this Behaviour Policy in a consistent way.
- All members of our Academy community will do their best to uphold the academy values and behave in a considerate and respectful way towards others.
- That everyone within our Academy community will recognise and uphold their responsibilities.
In order to ensure that everyone is clear in what they are required to do, for us to achieve our aims and uphold our expectations, we have put together in this Policy, clear responsibilities for our staff, our students and our parents and these are detailed below. We believe that our three way partnership will be our driving force and is crucial to the future success of Hollis Academy.