Student Expectations during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Students at Hollis Academy will be expected to act in an appropriate manner in response to the COVID-19 pandemic guidance and new protocols. Below is a relatively simple set of guidelines for students to follow, however, please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list. All of these guidelines are in line with current government advice and maybe changed at short notice should the official guidance instruct us to do so.
- Students are expected to wash their hands, use the liquid hand sanitiser and have their core body temperature taken upon entry to the school. Hand washing and sanitising will be done regularly throughout the day. Hand sanitizations points will be available at various locations in the school and staff will remind and encourage students to use them regularly.
- Students should all know the importance of hand wash and sanitisers and they need to respect this so they do not endanger the health of others connected to the school by interfering with the dispensers or other sanitising equipment.
- Face coverings are not expected or allowed when students are at school at any time. If these are worn during a journey to or from school, this cover needs to be removed prior to entering the school building and stored away safely until the student has left the building at the end of the day.
- Students are expected to walk into school immediately after being dropped off by their transport. They are not permitted to access the local shops.
- In an attempt to eliminate cross contamination of the virus, student’s will be expected to leave all non-essential items in the cloak room.
- When sneezing, coughing etc, students need to follow the protocol of ‘Catch it, bin it, kill it’. This is simply making sure that coughs and sneezes are done so into a tissue which is then placed in one of the lidded bins found in each classroom
- If a parent/carer feels that a student is displaying any of the signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or a member of the household does, then the student should not be sent into school until further medical advice is obtained. In such cases please keep the school fully informed.
- Students should maintain as much distance from other students and staff as is as practically possible. Students should respect the personal space of all members of the community to ensure all are kept safe.
- Staff are being asked to keep at least 2 metres away from student wherever possible, students need to be made aware of this so that they can play their part and help support with this guidance
- Students need to ensure that their own behaviour in no way endangers the health, safety and wellbeing of other students or staff. This includes following all instructions from staff.
- Students will be provided a basic equipment set during form each morning which they will kepp with them and use in all lessons. The equipment will then be stored in the form rooms at the end of each day. This system is designed to prevent the sharing of pens and pencils. We have limited supplies of this equipment so this needs to be respected.
- Students will be expected to stay on the left hand side of the school corridors to ensure social distancing can be maintained during lesson transitions.
- Students will not be allowed to congregate in the school corridors during break or lunch but designated areas will be assigned, though students are safest outside and will be encouraged to spend time outside during break and lunch times.
These guidelines are being implemented to protect all members of the Hollis Academy community as well as their families.