Engage, Encourage and Enrich
The Trust and Senior Leadership Team at Hollis Academy have very ambitious aims:
We want our students to:
- Be proud of their Academy;
- Attain the highest level possible in all areas of academy life; academic, social, emotional and physical development.
- Develop lively and enquiring minds, formulating questions and seeking answers in a variety of ways.
- Develop a sense of self-esteem and self-discipline, allied to a positive ethos of community involvement.
- Acquire a growing awareness of the needs and rights of others.
- Become responsible for their own actions and decisions, whilst developing morals and ethical values.
We aim to:
- Provide a caring and friendly atmosphere by providing an environment where students are respected and valued and where individual needs are recognised and supported.
- Bring out the best in every child irrespective of any learning difficulties they may have.
- Provide as many different experiences, ideas and activities for each child in a safe and secure environment.
- Help your child to care about those around them.
- Support your child in leading an independent and purposeful life.
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum modified as appropriate to meet individual needs.
- Create an atmosphere which encourages team work and values the contributions of all parties.
- Motivate staff through strong leadership at all levels, which offers direction and democratic management.
We would like parents and carers to:
- Ensure your child attends academy regularly and punctually.
- Become actively involved in your child’s education, both at home and school.
- Be part of the Academy Community.
- Support our teachers in working together for the benefit of your child.
Our approach to all curriculum areas will take these aims into account.