The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.
Outdoor Adventurous Activity
Outdoor Adventurous Activity gives all students the opportunity to engage in a range of outdoor activities to develop key lifestyle skills. Every Tuesday one year group is given the opportunity to go out of school and participate in adventurous activities. This cycle provides each year group at least one day out per half term. Students will undertake a range of different activities such as hiking, camping, climbing and kayaking.
We aim to develop Students ability to;
- Manage challenging situations such as challenging terrain or new unexpected situations.
- Build confidence in themselves.
- Build resilience to challenges and push through difficult situations.
- Work cooperatively as part of a team as well as an individual.
- Lead other peers in activities such as leading independent walks and teaching other students new skills.
- Learn how to read maps and use navigation skills in remote locations.
- Explore and engage with the environment and gain some national governing body qualifications.
This is a mainly active curriculum where students are expected to push themselves both physically and mentally however is underpinned by theory, which is important to develop for learners achieve the most from these sessions. These sessions are a thoroughly enjoyed by many students. We hope to keep expanding what we can offer to meet the student’s growing enthusiasm.