Post 16 Transition - What Hollis Academy will do.
Hollis Academy provides a comprehensive package of impartial careers-advice and guidance, work experience, inspirational experiences and aspiration days throughout years 7 - 11 to help inspire and inform our students about their future employment options and help them make the right choices as they graduate from our Academy and move forward in their careers and education. This is one of the most important changes in a student's life and it is very important that the Academy does all it can to make this transition as smooth as possible.
We do this by:
- Ensuring that all young people have the information, advice and guidance
they need to make choices about their future pathway.
- Identifying young people at risk of not making the transition to post-16
learning, so that additional support can be given.
- Collecting and recording information about young people’s intended
- Ensuring that there are strong links in place with local employers, colleges and
alternative education providers.
- Enabling and supporting our students to take part in a work experience which
reflects their strengths and interests.
- Widening access to advice on options available post-16 including apprenticeships,
entrepreneurialism and other vocational routes.
- Working with local authorities and other organisations to provide a
seamless transition to the next destination.
- Supporting and helping prepare the student for interviews and helping them
to develop their CV and personal statement.
- Providing detailed information to the student’s chosen destination, which will
inform them how your child learns best, what support they may need
and any other issues that may arise.
For more information on Post-16 transition you can speak to Mr. Wilson on 01642 855010